Birth Works Childbirth Educator Workshop
A prerequisite for becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator for BirthWorks requires attendance at our three-day dynamic and experiential workshop held regionally. In the workshop you will experience an effective learning model, that will help you when facilitating your own classes. Please note: Our workshops are open to anyone. Enrollment in the Educator Certification Program is not a prerequisite to attending the workshop.
The workshops remain valid towards certification for five years for Educators and three years for Doulas from the date they were held. We encourage those in the certification program to attend the workshop early in their training, but anytime during the training period is acceptable. Students enrolled in Modified and/or Accelerated Programs are required to complete workshops in the allotted time frame. Accelerated Program Students must complete both workshops in order to be certified.
- Birth Works philosophies of childbirth
- The systems approach to wholistic health care
- The impact of emotional learning that makes Birth Works a unique program
- Human values as the foundation of all decision-making
- Pelvic bodywork and postural alignment advantageous to the baby in helping to prevent a dysfunctional labor
- The art of discovering belief systems and changing them if necessary
- Group facilitation and communication techniques through role plays
- Setting a supportive atmosphere for classes
- Components of labor, privacy, pain, and vocalization
- Comfort measures for labor and labor positions
- Guilt, blame, and judgment issues as they pertain to birthing
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) and cesarean decision making
- Multi-sensory visualization
- Grieving and healing
- Presentation of class topics and wise use of audiovisuals
INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORKSHOP…
The workshop runs from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm the first day, 9:00 am to 6:30 pm the second day, and 9:00 am to 5:30 pm the third day unless otherwise posted. Advanced Educator Training workshops are open to all Birth Works members and birth professionals.
Next dates for the Childbirth Educator Workshop: TBC 2015 Start the home study course today!
HOW TO REGISTER…
Register for the BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Workshop (this link will allow you to email the BirthWorks International team where you can register and pay… prices are in US dollars)
Any trouble with registration or payment please contact the Birth Works Office; firstname.lastname@example.org