BirthWorks Antenatal Classes
BirthWorks Private Antenatal Class London Surrey, are based on the philosophy that every woman is born with the knowledge about how to give birth. Therefore, birth is instinctive and what is instinctive doesn’t need to be taught. BirthWorks helps women to have more trust and faith in their body knowledge that knows how to give birth. This is a completely different approach to mainstream antenatal classes- an approach that is empowering and transforming in nature. The antenatal classes are interactive and experiential, providing both an academic and an emotional preparation for birth.
Unique aspects of BirthWorks antenatal class is that of pelvic bodywork, which helps women understand how the position of the pelvis either helps or hinders the ability of the baby to move into optimum positions through the pelvis for birth. Pelvic Bodywork is built into each of the classes. Activities that encourage creative thinking and confidence building, films of birth, multi-sensory visualisations and discussions make our private antenatal class a fun place for in-depth learning about what really matters in birth and for forming positive experiences.
Each woman is unique and capable of giving birth in her own special way. There is no right or wrong way because at any given time, each of us is doing the very best we can. Learning comes with each experience and there is no place for guilt, blame or judgement.
We encourage you to take BirthWorks private antenatal class at any point during pregnancy or pre-conception not matter whether you’ve birth before or not. The earlier you are able to take the antenatal class the deeper you can integrate the information and make any changes to you need.
BirthWorks Antenatal Class Philosophy
- Women’s bodies are designed to give birth. This knowledge already exists inside every woman.
- A woman will labor the best where ever she feels the safest and most secure. For some that may be a hospital. For others it may mean at home or in an alternative birthing center.
- The nutrition of a pregnant woman has a great impact on the health of her baby from its life as a fetus through adulthood.
- Birthing a baby requires integration of the mind, body, and spirit.
- Breast milk provides optimum nutrition for the newborn baby.
- Birth is one of the greatest challenges life has to offer.
- While a cesarean section may be necessary at times, the current rate is too high.
- In most cases vaginal birth after cesarean is a safer alternative to routine repeat cesareans.
- BirthWorks is a process, not a method.
- BirthWorks seeks to facilitate a woman’s or a couple’s personal process in childbearing, and not to impart a preconceived method of labor and birth. Each birth is unique.
- A woman in labor deserves an environment in which her privacy, autonomy and emotional security is protected, and her mobility is encouraged.
- Expectant parents should participate in decisions regarding the judicious use of obstetrical medications and procedures.
- A woman’s beliefs influence her birth. Exploring beliefs heightens self-awareness.
- The emotions of a birthing woman have profound effects on the birth outcome. Women must be allowed to express all their birth related feelings.
Private Antenatal Classes Core Topics:
– Feelings & BirthWorks Philosophies
– Beliefs & Attitudes About Birth
– Good Nutrition & Value of Exercise
– Safety of VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean
– Grieving & Healing
– Pelvic Bodywork- optimum maternal/foetal positioning, labour positions and comfort measures
– Physiology of Birth- hormones and the neocortex
– Human Values in Birth
– Choosing The Birth Place & Birth Team
– Risks & Benefits of Medical Interventions & Obstetrical Drugs
– Guidelines for Caesarean Births
– Perceptions of Pain & Working With Labour Contractions
– How To Be A Great Birth Partner
– Specialist Labour Massage Techniques
– Mother-Baby Skin-To-Skin Contact
– New Motherhood & Caring for a New Baby
Venue: Your House in London or Surrey
Hours: 18-20 hours spread over a time frame that suits
Cost: £500 per couple
(includes 250+page BirthWorks manual)
If you have friends who would like to join you on your class the cost will be £300 per couple
CONTACT US TO BOOK YOUR CLASS 07948 112767 firstname.lastname@example.org